LM Notary Public Ltd

Consular Services

Consular Legalisation Services


When is Consular Legalisation Services Required?

If the document is going to a country which requires legalisation from a consular office (High Commission or Embassy) , then the document is signed and sealed by a notary public, and then taken to the consulate of the country in which the document is to be used. Some countries such as UAE , Qatar , China etc requires both Apostille and Consular Legalisation.

The country’s consulate’s legalisation section will usually have a database of Foreign & Commonwealth Office Legalisation Office signatories. As soon as they have cross checked the signature of the Foreign Office staff member on the Apostille, or that of Notary Public, they will duly sign ,stamp and seal confirming that the document has been duly legalised and will be ready for use abroad.

What do we do?

If your document needs to be legalised at an embassy or High Commission, our specialised staff can take care of the process for you. We deal with most Embassies and High Commissions. If you wish to take advantage of these services, or want to check to see if you will require them, send us an email at info@lmnotarypublic.co.uk or ring us on 020 7107 5408.